View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2014, 02:57 PM

Getting ready to welcome our Tibetan Terrier puppy home!

UPDATE -- I found out today that the breeder we were going to buy from has a very questionable history and so we won't be getting a puppy this week. I wrote a (looong) post explaining what happened, hopefully it can help others not go through the same experience.

The post is here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85836

We will get a Tibetan Terrier puppy, but we'll have to wait until a trust-worthy breeder has a litter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I've joined the forum because we're welcoming a 10 week old Tibetan Terrier (girl) to our home in 4 days!

I've never owned a dog before but I'm a life-long dog-lover. My husband has a shi-poo (shihtzu-poodle mix) that he got when she was a puppy but who now lives with his kids at their mom's place (we pet-sit when they're out of town, usually 2-3 weeks per year). Our household is the two of us, plus the kids (10 yr old boy and 14 yr old girl) who are with us part-time.

We narrowed down our name choices to Mocha and Tashi, and are waiting to meet her to pick.

We couldn't find a Tibetan Terrier puppy close to us (in the colouring we preferred) and my husband happens to be traveling to San Francisco this week where he found a breeder with a litter ready to come home. He will be flying home on Friday with the pup.

I have tons of questions about food, puppy classes, training, treatments, and everything else to raise a healthy happy pup -- I see the forum is organized in categories, so I'll be exploring the topics to make sure I post in the right places.

All guidance and advice is welcomed!
Attached Images

Last edited by amer; September 3rd, 2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: update