View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Truth be told, I don't know what was in the injection other than the antibiotic. The invoice said "combo inj". I have read about the link between inflammation and oncogenesis... that's why I'm so darn scared!!

If the FNA comes back as benign (praying!!) should I push to have the lump removed or is that even possible if it is indeed inflammation being that it is not hard and solid?

She had a firm subcutaneous lump underneath her chin (right at the apex of her mandible) a few weeks ago that we almost biopsied but a steroid shot cleared it right up within a few days and it hasn't returned. During the same time she also had what was believed to be an allergic rxn on the insides of her hind legs (scabby sore-looking things) which also cleared up after one shot of steroids (0.75 of the usual dose since she is a hefty cat). I'm hoping that ocurrance - the chin lump - is NOT related. Never found out what it was, attempted a FNA but she would not cooperate so they booked the biopsy, but as I said, it cleared up before then - as in completely gone - so there was nothing left to biopsy and it has not returned.

You are SO right that I will be immensely better when I know what is going on! I deal with the human condition and I will be the first to admit that I haven't near the emotional wherewithal to deal with animals for a career, as much as I love them.