View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew-sew-steve View Post
What makes me believe...?
Thank you again for what may become a very invigorating discussion and I appreciate your intent to relieve this discussion with the heavy-hand of the "need to defend one's religion".

So, let's take this in two easy parts then.

Quote:
What makes me believe that I am not a
Parasite is the fact that I ultimately depend on myself for survival and not on anyone else.
If one depends only upon one's self for survival then that must by reductive logic mean...

you do not eat, you do not drink, your biological waste does not exist or disappears without a trace, you do not breathe, you are not clothed, you are not housed, you have no need for heat or cooling, you have no need of the "bugs" that live on the soles of your feet and your eyelashes or in your gut. In other words you do not exist.

With me so far? As Masha has rightly pointed out, we live on the planet and we live only because of the planet. Once the planet stops, so do we.

Quote:
Are you saying humans aren't superior to insects or bugs?
Am I?

I'm fairly "well-travelled" ~ so, I try not to make distinctions amongst cultures. Human or animal.

I, and we as a species, do not yet understand and have no or few ways with which to communicate with those who do not speak "our" language. Be it vocal, sounds or physical signs. My earlier point...we humans, have a capacity for expropriating the lives of others and use of enslavement and torture as "the means to an end" ~ is that a good thing? Is that what it means to be a "superior" being?

Is that what it mean to be human? To see a hierarchy of what can be killed without regret and consumed.

Last edited by mummummum; April 17th, 2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: splelling as usaul.