View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:20 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGrey View Post

LOVE4Himies..your comment "Here in Ontario, it doesn't HAVE to be a pitbull, it just has to resemble one to be seized by animal control"..is inaquate. sorry. In order to seize a dog, you better be damn sure is a PIT BULL and not a breed that looks like a pit. And yes, I have seized PIT BULL, due the owner not obeying the proticols. The dog was grandfathered, but not wearing a muzzle out in public when walked. You can't just seize a dog due to it looks like a pit bull...lawsuit on your hands, if the owner has it regestered as another breed.

(2) Section 1 of the Act is amended by adding the following definitions:
“pit bull” includes,
(a) a pit bull terrier,
(b) a Staffordshire bull terrier,
(c) an American Staffordshire terrier,
(d) an American pit bull terrier,
(e) a dog that has an appearance and physical characteristics that are substantially similar to those of dogs referred to in any of clauses (a) to (d); (“pit-bull”)

I would say the law is very clear on the "appearance" of a pitbull making it a very subjective clause in the law and up for interpretation by Animal Control.

As BM stated, she has had to transport out dogs that were clearly not Pitbulls but deemed to be one.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey