View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safyre
My question about other threads came off defensively, not sure hat else to say about that.
I then reacted badly as I felt that someone was telling me I was being cruel to my animals, and reacted accordingly. It was the comment "Bathing a cat is not needed!! And I believe causes great stress and trauma to a cat!! and they do not get used to it!"
That's what I posted, and if you look back, you got defensive long before I posted! (you got defensive with Chico). And no where did I say you were cruel!
Quote:
that really got my back up. That is furthering the notion that all cats hate water, and its just not true. I guess the topic of cats and water is a big pet peeve for me.
May be a pet peeve for you, but reality is, cats hate water!
Quote:
And I am surprised that more ppl don't know what Prin is talking about with greasy cats, my cats get greasy, I didn't bathe them much last year (haha, too busy trying to learn to bathe the dog) and they are greasy, oily, it sucks.
I have 5 cats, and have NEVER had "greasy" ones! My 17 year old has a bit of dandruff, and a wipe down with a warm wash cloth is sufficient. I couldn't imagine bathing an older cat, I know it would probably kill mine.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~