View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Just wanted to update. She will be having surgery on Tuesday to remove and biopsy the lump. I ended up bringing her back in tonight because I just can't stand it being there, wondering what the ^%# it is!! When I felt it earlier it felt like a piece was attached underneath, I totally freaked out and took her in.

The vet (different vet this time b/c of the short notice of the appt) said it didn't really feel like a sarcoma but again, the only way to find out is to biopsy it. So we set up the appt for Tues. I asked her how worried she's be (I was in tears at this point) and she said she wouldn't be running out of the room but she'd be suspicious. She also said that the inflammation could make it feel like it's attached. So that's that.

Please pray for her. I'm immensely worried (and being 8 months pregnant doesn't help matters at all!) She is part of our family and we love her more than words can possibly say.

I'm going to make sure they do pre-op bloodwork because she is a 17 lb cat (she should be around 12) and she's a bit older. After they send the sample to the lab it takes about 7-10 days to get the results. I'm not looking forward to that wait but I'm praying they will be good results!