View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM
-

Hi Stacer, happy to hear that things are blissful for you and congrats on your bundle of joy that is on the way.

We now have a JRT, he has been with us over a year now and for the most part he doesn't get himself into trouble with the other guys.....although he does have a few scars as a result of his tenacity.

When Jack first came to live with us, he was agressive towards both the cats and dogs...all of the dogs were larger than him and put him in his place, hence the scars (just minor scars)....we put it down to fear agression, although that wouldn't appear to be the case with the Chi that your brother has.

Your brother could contact JRT Rescue and explain the situation to them, maybe they have available fosters. Before Jack came to us it was pre-arranged with the rescue that they would take him if it didn't work out with us. The situation was different entirely, Jack was in a shelter and we adopted him as he was getting overlooked.

BenMax was an enormous help in acquiring a place with the rescue, she maybe able to help you/your brother out.....From what I understand she is awol this week, but if you send her a message I'm pretty sure she will get back to you.

There is also a rescue in Barrie called Just in timethey are quite small but I understand that they are willing to work with dogs and have a good adoption rate.....http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/75796.html

I hope a solution can be found, they are great little guys in the right environment, but imo require a lot of patience. With a 1 year old and a senior dog I can understand your brother's partner feeling at her wits end.

Last edited by Chris21711; December 29th, 2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typos typos typos