View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
Considering Ontario is the banning capitol ( in my eyes) I am still floored that it is allowed to spray your yards with pesticides.

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/stdprodcons...d01_079826.pdf

Ontario’s cosmetic pesticides ban took effect April 22, 2009. While it means that many
herbicides, fungicides and insecticides can no longer be sold or used for cosmetic purposes on
lawns and gardens, you can still have a beautiful lawn and garden using natural methods and
greener alternatives.

If you are still using herbicides, fungicides, or insecticides on your lawn in Ontario then you have come by them illegally as they have not been sold on store shelves since 2009. This act essentially put a few very popular lawn maintenance companies out of business. There are some greener methods available but nothing deemed dangerous for the environment. They are about as effective as throwing a cup of hot water on your lawn.

Oh, and this ban - I agree with.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!