View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Angry Temptations All Natural anything but.

Hi,
Have had the same problem as many of you here; my cats are addicted to this supposedly all natural healthy Cat treat. So is my dog!
If you read the label, you will find dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (source of vitamin E). Sounds good right? The problem here is that this form of vitamin E is man made, and the cheapest vitamin E you can buy. There's lots in human food too.
It is absolutely useless. Same for dl-Methionine. All synthetic.
Then there's wheat flour, dried meat by products, ground corn, corn gluten meal, and what appears to be the contents of a Gilbert Chemistry set.
I was buying these at Walmart, where the 2.47 oz bag costs $1.88 and by far the best price I ever found for these. But that's over $11 per pound!
I emailed the Mars company to inquire how they can advertise this product as "All Natural" and healthy, and to find out eactly what "Free Range Chicken Flavor" actually was. For all we know it could be the dirt free range chickens walk on.
Anyway, they sent an email back asking me to call them. The person I got had no idea how to answer my questions and asked me to call "tomorrow" so I could speak to one of the lab people. I don't know about you, but when I here this kind of BS I know I'm just getting brushed off.
It's bad enough we poison ourselves with all the engineered foods and additives we eat, but not our pets. That's murder.
Bottom line, no more of this garbage for my fur family, and at $11/pound plus, they now get fresh Wild Salmon, Boneless Chicken Breasts, Fillet Mignon, Loin Lamb Chops, etc., and I'm saving money! Plus these are treats we all can enjoy!