View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I DON'T have experience with dogs, but do with cats and yes, some are much, much, much more active than others and cat with cat ADHD can be a challenge too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post

It is important that the whole family is committed on helping this dog. It is the same as child rearing. If one parent does not support the other....it will not work out.

Absolutely a must!!!!

This dog requires maybe a job to help him overcome some of his energy. Did you think of agility?
This dog, like my very overactive fosters or Jasper, need a LOT of exercise and stimulation to poop them out. Agility training would be an excellent way to stimulate and exercise this dog . What a great alternative to jogging. Great idea, BenMax

I, personally, would love to have a dog to jog with, perhaps a neighbour who jogs may be willing to take your pup with him/her? All you would need is a long leash that can be wrapped around the waist. It would be bonus if this person was willing to do some training too .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey