View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomom View Post
Hello Group-

Equala, I am glad you are doing what makes you most comfortable, after all that is what your gut is saying.

I have a different perspective that I just wanted to throw in there. This woman is probably quite a lost soul and leaving that cat may have been really hard for her, as evidenced by her trying her best to give you her contact info, her sweaters etc. She was probably doing the best that she knew how to at that time, even though her actions may seem irresponsible.
In a transient, chaotic world, that little kitten may mean more to her than most of us give her credit for.
I would have made the attempt to reunite her with the kitten, though not left her alone. It may have lightened her heart a little. She probably needs all the genuine kindness she can get, even if it from a kitten.
Just to be clear though, my danger bells don't go off for this situation; it they did I would make a decision based on it.

There is a down and out man who lives/walks in the Market where I work. Everyday I stop and talk to him. I don't know how he will go on when he loses his beloved pet. This just reminded me of him.
This is the reason I didn't want to be heartless and say no. She seemed to just want to see him, and didn't care what she had to do to make us more comfortable with the exchange. She did seem to care so much about him. I do understand what it is like to be in her situation. Being transient and just trying to survive is very hard when you have another life in tow. I'm just trying to find a way to make it ok in everyone's hearts. Make it so she can see Linus, but we feel comfortable enough to not think she is going to run out the door with him. She never wanted to give him up in the first place. She told Jeff today that she cried for days about it. She even asked Jeff to cuddle him the way she used to for her. These things make me want to help her out, but also make me scared that she may take him because she feels more stable now.

The Maine Coon Mafia (litter mates)
Casey - Male Maine Coon, 3 years
Mak - Male Maine Coon, 3 years

The abandoned newcomer: Linus - Male Tabby, 1 year
Minnie - Female Tortie, RIP 9/3/93-8/18/09 (In Heaven, but never far from our hearts)

The Pooches... Best friends for life.
Miko - Male Chi/Terrier mix, 2 years
Mansa - Male Pit Bull, 1 year