View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM

We just did week 4 of training and just learned the leave it command... working on that... tough though He's also started barking right in our 4 year old shih tzu's face.. again, it seems like play but my scrappy hates it and responds by snapping at him... can't say I blame scrappy, extrememly loud bark right in her face! If he goes up to her calmly she's fine but unfortunately calmly doesn't seem to be in his vocabulary right now! The cats have the second floor to themselves, it is off limits to the dogs during the day.. however he has unbelievably learned to jump the baby gate and has also started to force himself through the railing .. he has bald spots on his sides from forcing himself through!! Pretty soon he will not be able to do that anymore as it's already alot tighter than it was when he started it considering he's growing everyday. I am keeping him on a training leash inside the house now... however I end up with a raw hand from his fighting it and pulling.... he's flipped himself backwards many times now from taking a race to get away... he's one stubborn puppy and I am desperately trying to establish dominance. I welcome any and all tips to establishing dominance while I search for a new trainer to help me. Thanks