View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Please do not starve a cat for that long. Cats need to eat on a regular basis or can develop a life threatening disease called "Fatty Liver". http://www.hdw-inc.com/healthliver.htm

And, taken from http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25521

Be very careful when giving mineral oil by mouth; if it ever gets into your feline's lungs, then significant medical problems are the consequence, even death is a possibility.

Why not add something like pumpkin mash (found in your grocery store, in a can and used to make pies) to everyone's food. It won't make your cats incontinent, it isn't messy, and many cats enjoy the taste. A tablespoon per cat per meal is usually sufficient.

If you don't want to use pumpkin it is just as easy to dab some butter or margarine on your kitty's front paws or even up the leg so it can be licked off. It is much easier digested than mineral oil and not dangerous to your cat.
But truly, I do not feel it's hairballs. His vomit does NOT contain blood, does NOT contain hair balls and Tux does NOT appear to be uncomfortable or sick at all. He's obviously gagging when he's vomiting but as soon as it's out he's back to his playful old self. I feel it is simply a matter of eating the food too quickly and/or in too large proportions. It would be so simple to try feeding smaller amounts at two hour or so intervals before going with something that may be dangerous to your kitty's health.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!