View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Question Vomiting after eating (Food too rich?)

I am posting this here as well as in the Medical Section.
I just recently adopted a dog (Doberman X Standard Poodle Mix). I have been gradually switching him (over 3 weeks and only at half old food half new food) from Iams to Orijen. Recently, since I started adding more of the orijen and less of the Iams, he has been vomiting after eating. He eats and then vomits within one minute. At first I thought it may be due to the fact that I was feeding him within 20 minutes of a strenuous exercise. When I first brought him home and when he was predominantly on the Iams he didnt vomit after eating within 20 minutes of exercise. After he vomits, I fill his bowl and give him much less than I did before he vomited and he eats it fine and doesnt vomit. This is within minutes after vomiting. He also drinks water when we come in from exercise, but like i said he didnt have this issue when I was jsut feeding him Iams. Yesterday he vomited in the morning for the first time after eating. He also just came inside from exercising. The vomit is basically his food and the mucous from his stomach. He appears to be fine and I just had his wellness exam at the vets and he is healthy. I am wondering if I should try a less rich food with grains(was thinking Innova Adult - any opinions) I fed him Some canidae that I had left over with his Iams and Orijen this morning and he did fine. I tried waiting for longer after they exercise and fed him less last night and he seemed okay with the orijen, but I fed him a lot less.

Any ideas?

Thank you