Thread: Designer Breeds
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Dar,I would like to add one more thing to that list.Puppies sold at pet stores.Something needs to be done about this.There have been numerous times that I have gone into the same pet store at my mall.I will preach and educate the people who are looking at them.I ask it they know what a puppymill is.For those who have said yes,I tell them that the pups they are looking at come from there.And for those who don't know,I tell them that they should do a search on puppymills before wanting to buy one from a pet store.

I was in there lastweek.I played dumb and asked the workers there a ton of questions.Then I gave them answers they didn't like to hear.

The purebreds come with no registration papers.So I told them that under the CKC pedigree act,it is illegal to sell a purebred without papers.I asked if the parents have been health and genetic tested,x-rayed,are the sire and dam champions or titled.And so on.All answers were no.So I told them they are selling pups from puppy mills/byb's.And I told them that I was going to everything in my power to have them never sell pups again.After all this,the people started to walk out......