View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover2 View Post
Thank you for telling your story of such a sweet litttle kitty. May this be a warning to all to never buy a kitten (or dog) from a website like Cragslist or Kijiji. Better to get one from a reputable rescue organization, humane society or registered breeder where proper vet care has been done and documented.

I think you're doing everything right, and patience is the key now. Kitty sounds like she's coming along just fine if she's eating well and has lots of energy to play. Soon she'll be over her parasite and diarrhea problems. Thanks for all you're doing for her....she's adorable.
Yeah, I totally agree with you! If there is anything I have learned from this is that a "free" (or mostly free) kitten is anything but! I wish so much I had just adopted one from my vet's office, but I hadn't known about her until after I got the kitten. I didn't go to the humane society to adopt because all the cats and kittens they had already looked sooooo sick. Nearly every one of them had upper respiratory issues and they were all housed together. I just didn't want to bring that home to my resident cat. I guess the joke's on me cause it wouldn't have worked out so differently! Plus it might $100 to adopt a kitten from the vet, but I've spent way more than that on vet bills and medications already.