View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Hey all, today was, well crappy! I woke up with a migrane. Wonderful. Got to the hospital to find out that DH had a terrible reaction last night to a sleeping pill they gave him. He hadn't been sleeping so he asked the Dr. for something to help him sleep maybe. I told the Dr. that he had reacted strongly to the sedative earlier in the week for the echo cardiogram, but the Dr. said not to worry it's a very mild sleeping pill. Hah!! They won't be giving him another one of those any time soon! He pulled his bed apart, took his robe off, pulled his IV out, and all day he was hallucinating like crazy. He kept asking me why the roof was leaking water, who was standing in the corner, how come his bed was upside down. It was so horrible to watch him like that. I had myself a good little breakdown - but not in front of him.

I wasn't worried about his health, it was just so sad to see him like that. When he would fall asleep he'd have the saddest look on his face. Then all of a sudden at about 4pm he looked at me and said, I need to get out of bed and go for a walk. We called the nurse and immediately he started telling us how to walk him. She'd guide him with the IV pole and I was to follow with the big rolling chair so that if he got tired he could sit down for a bit. We did two laps of the ward and then he sat in his chair for a while and he ate a huge dinner (well for him anyhow). He had some grilled chicken, veggies and rice that a friend brough us (enough for me too ) and then some minnestrone soup that another friend brought (again for both of us). Then he had a candy and watched some football. About an hour later he said to me okay, I'm tired and want to go to bed. He was right back to his normal self. It was so bizzare! So we got him back into bed and he immediately fell asleep. I immediately went home!

I fed the dogs, cleaned up the garage and driveway from when he was working and fell, and then walked the dogs. Then I came in and am sitting here with a good drink. In 10 minutes I'll be in bed also. I pray that he has a better night tonight. I'll be back there tomorrow morning to check on him though.

And thank you all for your thoughts about me. I am trying to take care of me too. The migrane is gone (thank goodness for drugs), and I'm getting an early night tonight. I hope tomorrow is a good day all around.

MWW, I had to think about what you said, breathing and eating at the same time. Then I remembered you have an awful cold. I hope you're feeling better soon sweetie. Hugs from your internet mom.