View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaD View Post
I believe it was abandoned by the mother because of a bad eye infection, when I found him his eyes were glued shut with puss, I thought he would be blind. But lately I have seen the mother cat (she belongs to a neighbor a my apartment complex, they are irresponsible and have not spayed her and let her be outside all hours) alone without her kittens. A couple weeks before I found him, I saw the mother cat with 5 or 6 kittens, now she never has any. The only two I've seen are the one I saved and a dead one that had died in the apartment parking lot. I think she has just abandoned all of them, so I'm not sure if he has any serious health problems.

I have a vet appt but the soonest they could fit me in is the 19th. The kitten is able to go to the restroom with stimulation just not on it's own from what I've seen. He isn't showing any signs of being in pain, his urine smells like normal, not too funky.
That is horrible about the person that owns the cat. It would be great if someone could rescue the mother cat too. I am glad there are people like you that care about animals. Will you keep the kitten ? The owner of the cat show be reported for animals abuse. That is good the urine smells normal , is the kitten pooping ok? That is too bad the vet can't see the kitten sooner. Could you call and see if they would tell you if anyone has canceled their appointment?