View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swhite View Post
Thanks for the advice. I really do appreciate it. It helps to know this isn't a common thing. I wouldn't have thought about calling the vet to inquire and visit for that. Probably seems like the obvious answer to most, but we have never had a cat, nor would my parents allow cats as pet when I was a child. Totally clueless. I really hate to declaw him, but I cannot allow that behavior to continue. I knew someone would know more than I do! I expected the furniture/carpet issues with the clawing, just not the issue with the baby.
Maybe you could call the shelter and try to find out why the kittens where given away . If the male kitten has a history of scratching you should had been told about it. It would be kinder to see if the shelter will take the kitten back and try to find him a more suitable home where there no are kids
instead of getting him declawed . I am not sure where you got the kittens from but I hope it was not a no kill shelter , they would put him to sleep .
I had a male cat that picked my daughter but she was old enough to protect herself. It was strange ,but the cat would wait for her to go downstairs and he would try to scratch her, it was as if he was being a mean brother to his sister. My female cat did not go after my daughter.