View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
Do you think the kitten could had been abandoned because it has health issues? I hope no one did do that to the poor kitten. Maybe he has an urine infection and is having trouble peeing. Maybe you should get an urine sample to bring it to the vet to rule any infections . I am glad to rescued the kitten .
I believe it was abandoned by the mother because of a bad eye infection, when I found him his eyes were glued shut with puss, I thought he would be blind. But lately I have seen the mother cat (she belongs to a neighbor a my apartment complex, they are irresponsible and have not spayed her and let her be outside all hours) alone without her kittens. A couple weeks before I found him, I saw the mother cat with 5 or 6 kittens, now she never has any. The only two I've seen are the one I saved and a dead one that had died in the apartment parking lot. I think she has just abandoned all of them, so I'm not sure if he has any serious health problems.

I have a vet appt but the soonest they could fit me in is the 19th. The kitten is able to go to the restroom with stimulation just not on it's own from what I've seen. He isn't showing any signs of being in pain, his urine smells like normal, not too funky.