View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicacrompton View Post
Monty is doing really well with his new routine! I took him to the vet and she was positive. He got his rabies vacination and came back heartworm negative.

Monty receives cephelaxin twice a day and ivermectin in increasing dosages once a day. He's getting medicated baths twice a week. I've added vitamin and skin/coat supplements to his food. Thank you for the tip about the low grain food... I hadn't thought about it but it makes sense!

He's still got a lot of open sores and I've been putting neosporin on them. He's also itching a lot (to be expected) so he's been getting benedryl PRN.

Other than this I'm trying to get him acclimated with living in a pack and a family. Monty is still a puppy and still does puppy stuff but from what I can see he's a FANTASTIC dog. He's shown no food/toy/water agression, he's great with the dogs, great with the cat, LOVES his people, and takes correction so well. I've got great expectations for this guy and am so excited to see him thrive.

Thank you for your wonderful support and your great feedback. I look forward to sharing our successes in the future.

Stay tuned!
Did the vet recommend the neosporin? With Sam they wanted the sores to ooze so that they would dry out and heal more rapidly. Also, with Sam, he had a lot of yeast from the infections and putting anything on the spots caused more problems. Not to say that it isn't ok for your guy, just might want to make sure?