View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

My boys are SO bad :(

Ok, this is stressing me out SO bad. We had a few issues over the weekend. As most of you know, Nookie has Pica... but we haven't had any issues with him eating things in over a year... until recently. On Saturday eve he threw up part of a leash (his blue "security blankie" leash). I noticed it was worn and cut the ragged piece off last week, but didn't throw it away because he just LOVES it. I noticed on Friday night it was looking pretty bad again and didn't want to take any chances with it, so I threw it away. But apparently, not soon enough as he threw up a piece about 6-7 inches long, as well as a clear, red piece of plastic
We have NO clue where the plastic came from. We searched the house and yard and have nothing like it anywhere at home. Which brings me to the really stressful situation... our Apple tv remote is missing

Montana had it on Friday, so I took it away from him and put it up. It's now MIA. We have turned the entire house upside down looking for it... no luck. Montana could have eaten it. He did have it on Friday and actually ate the toe off one of my shoes. But I'm thinking the more likely culprit is Nookie. It's a fairly small remote (about 5 inches long, an inch and a half wide and maybe half an inch thick) and made of metal, so he's swallowed much bigger things in the past. The remote itself doesn't scare me, but the battery inside does. Please think of our boys today as we head to the vet this afternoon for x-rays. I'm praying it wasn't Nookie as putting him under could relapse the meningo or worse. I just needed to vent (and share my stress! ).

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012