View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2015, 05:47 PM

Unhappy sinus illness or injury?

I have a blue healer dog about 10 years old (1 among 3). Found an infection on the back of his neck about the size of a half cut grapefruit. Cleaned it and cleared up in October. Few days later a walnut size lump between his ears appeared grew to about 1 inch in height and 2 inch oval shape between his eyes up to his forehead with bleeding (sneezing blood). 2 drainages at the vet between October and November. Antibiotics throughout, x-rays, blood test, samples of mucous sent to labs and finally surgery in December which removed another entire lump. Now 2 weeks past surgery lump has not returned. However, no one knows what it was or is. First suspect was sinus infection, test results were neg. Sample of mass at surgery did not respond to antiboiotics and was ruled out as non fungal or cancerous tumor. X-rays revealed bone was healthy surrounding outward of site of infection which was deteriorated within sinus cavity. Lab result of mass taken was mixed with small bits of bone. Now he has no bone over the sight of removed mass. Just started within the last 2 days, a return of sneezing blood again. Any ideas of what an infection could be? Injury? Which I believe what had happened since I live in a rural area in Arizona. Was this a health issue at onset or an injury to a harmless animal? Doc says; unknown.