View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Senior Contributor

It sounds to me that you have a good chance of success if all three dogs are good with small critters of other species now. I only have one dog and he is used to cats but when I introduced the new ones I had him in a down stay so the kittens and the new cat could be reassured he would not chase them. If I was you I think I would introduce a kitten to each dog separately with the dog in a down stay. This after the time with the kitten behind another door of course. I have not actually done that since my dogs always had a cat here first but it might be a good idea for you.

I do find that most kittens LOVE dogs. Clip the kitten's little hooks short, mine have nearly all tried to climb the dog and play with him/her and might injure an eye by accident. Supervise of course. I have had kittens that will bond to the dog more than to me, become good playmates and that's not really what I want, the kitten is supposed to be mine, not the dog's. Same as if you got litter mate sibling dogs ( which is generally not advised) separate a kitten from the dogs so YOU become it's best friend, not one of the dogs.