View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2015, 03:21 PM

Hello Amer:

Best of luck with your new pup.

This post brings back memories of long long ago with one my vet visits.
Prior to the time when it was realized that cleaning of animals' teeth was a benefit to their health, so I was surprised when he recommended giving our new dog a raw bone 2 or 3 times a week. He suggested ox tail bones and the reasoning behind it was that they were very sinewy and require a lot of chewing in order to remove the meat and the sinew has a tendency of working like dental floss to remove tartar and plaque.
When it comes to brushes, what I have found is that you'll try out several methods and come up with one that is comfortable for you to use.
One other thing that I have been using for about 10 years on my cats is Oxyfresh and I started them as kittens when they still had their baby or milk teeth and they have been on it ever since. Their teeth and gums are in excellent shape. Even when they have gone to the vet's - and that's not very often - she commented on their mouths and wanted to investigate the product.

Here's the web site. I usually buy a gallon bottle and it does me about 3 years.

http://oxyfresh.com/pet/stop-pet-bad...e-solution.asp