View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Raw Rabbit - Advice Needed
With all due respect, you do not know me, do not know how I think and cannot possible know how I would interpret this. For the record, I have been under extreme stress and I am sorry you would choose to be so negative in my response in which I attempted to be moderate and understanding, merely to make a point. It was all I asked, nothing more, nothing less. There was no need to be snarky and I simply do not understand why you would do that. I would NEVER do that to anyone regardless of who they were. I try to be a sensitive caring person and all I can ask is that we all try to do the same. I have to say with few exceptions, most people here are very kind and I have made many good friends here and wold accept any comment they made about this to me. I am not being controversial - I just want to point out how upsetting this is. I see rabbit, I think, Oh good, maybe I can help someone with their bunny. And since I managed to make it through Harvard, I think I can read. If I choose to interpret it one way, itr is because from experience one never is certain of what one might discover in a post. Not everyone is specific and I am sure I myself have not always been if it came down to it.

I work with dying people every day - and lately have spent most of my days in the ICU - not as a doctor as is usually the case but as a family member (for the record, it is much easier being the doctor but I knew that since I have also been a patient often enough in the ICU) - and I am utterly and completely exhausted. I won't say much more lest I make the wrong comment but your response is not one I appreciate.

As a scientist, I make no presumptions about titles. It has been my experience that here, they can mean anything. I perhaps have not always been as specific as possible either in my titles but I usually do try. That said, your comment just makes me feel that while I was politely asking a question - and do appreciate want4rain's answer - I am not suggesting it is anyone's fault (I made it clear it not something not all of us is likely to consider. This is a diverse group so one cannot possibly think we all will think the same. The snarky response about reading the title is just uncalled for and upset me all over again - it was needlessly unkind and not anything I would ever say even to someone I was debating in a public or even private forum!. I believe in diplomacy and do not understating in any way why anyone would choose to belittle me for asking one mere question. I never belittle anyone here, ever!! This is a site where we have typically been polite and kind and please consider that in your responses.

I know I am upset about other issues but it all has me in tears again, sigh! Please - for once- don't think of yourself Think of how you would feel if someone made this comment - probably inadvertently and not deliberately, but about your cat or dog. How would you feel? Then think about it? Please!!!!

When someone writes a post I wonder about, I reread and try to think of that old proverb "Do not criticize anyone until you have walked half a mile in his (or her - one has to be gender neutral these days. :-) - and then I wait before I hit the submit button. I do not want to hurt anyone. I want to be sure what I have said is understood in the best possible way. I do sometimes write to quickly but that is usually because I have a very busy schedule and do not always have the time to read everything. I even seemed somehow to have missed out on all the posts I missed in the tome I was away which saddens me- I kept the computer on and the page open but went to post a newspaper article - about the kitten who survived - (God knows we need good news stories, well I do anyway, lol) - and then I seemed to loose them. They are of course around here somewhere and I am sure folks will help me manage to get caught up.