View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM

I did not give my dogs to a Rescue group, I could have posted them on the Internet myself. I had never heard of this Rescue group before, I never in a million years would have surrendered my dogs to a Rescue Group. To date, I have rehomed 6 of my dogs to homes that meet my requirements with regards to rehoming. I get constant updates from every one of them, and some even still visit. You are correct in that I did not cover my bases, I mistakenly took the word of a trusted friend.

With regard to Spay & Neuter, of course the dogs are spayed/neutered before being rehomed, that goes without saying. But if you take my dogs under False Pretenses, they are legally registered & microchipped to me, and you are informed that I am the owner and I do not release permission to do surgery on the those dogs, you are liable if you go ahead and do so against my wishes.

I'm sorry, you are very wrong. If I was turning over those dogs permanently, they would have had the Ownership papers signed over to them. But they did not as the dogs were to be returned if either party was not happy. And until such time as I was sure those dogs went where I was led to believe they were going, I was not about to release any papers.

As I was searching the Internet, I came across a few different incidents of Rescues stealing dogs, apparently I am not the first. Here is a link to one of them that appears to be developing a reputation for the very same thing.

[link removed: potential slander]

So perhaps it wouldn't hurt to put a little more thought into what you say. At no point did I say I handed my dogs over to a Rescue. And as such, as long as I have not released the papers and Ownership papers, the dogs are mine. As we had agreed upon to the lady to whom I did release my dogs, they should have been returned when I was not satisfied with her placement of the dogs, which was to the Rescue.

I didn't say I wasn't calling the Police, I said I had booked an appt with the Provincial Vet Department to come in and do an Inspection. Once that is done, and I know my dogs are safe, Yes the Police will be called, along with my lawyer.

In the meanwhile, for those of you who are Breeders, just a word of warning. This is not the only Rescue Group like this out there. You could be next.

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; January 31st, 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Mention of names leads to possibility of slander/liable