View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear you having this issue with beautiful Nova...(ya know I'm in love with that lil diva).

I'm just wandering when she's acting out like that, what corrections are you attempting? I'm only asking because I had this problem with Abby for a bit.
What I ended up doing was putting a pinch on her, I know they aren't the choice for everyone, but I have found great success with them. If used correctly they can be a great tool.
If a dog was approaching us I would take Abby to the side of the path/sidewalk, before the dog would reach us. I would have her sit and I would stand infront of her blocking her from the other dog, calmly telling her to sit, stay and leave it. If she made attempts to get around me or lunge I would use the pinch to give her a correction. After a while I made the step to just make Abby move forward, paying no attention to the other dog, at first she would try to spin around or look back and again I used the pinch and just kept moving forward. Of course I'm talking just about our daily walks, not dog parks or off leash areas because I don't access those areas with my dogs.
I hope you find a resolution to your concern.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)