View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiee2010 View Post
we got the kitten when he was 6 weeks old because thats when the people we got him from were giving them away , no my fault of him being so young.. and as for him playing this is not playing way he does it to hurt you , and none of this is my bfs fault because he is never with the cat only for a few hours a day i sepdn all day the the kitten and i try and give him rules and he dosent obey.. i tryed the pushing down on the toungue thing and well that didnt work worth **** he bites ever harder
No one blamed your bf. I believe I said he probably played a little using his hands as toys with the kitten when the kitten was smaller and therefore probably did not help the situation.
He is a baby. Most babies need to learn over time. He is also reaching the "brat" stage. Pretty normal kitten behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiee2010 View Post
well if i didnt take him they were going to get rid of them , meaning make away with the kittens that were left ... and well pushing down the tounge is when they go to bite you ur supose to push down on there tounge to make them stop .. it was on here i was reading it and well no this isnt my first cat i;ve always had kittens and cats and none who have ever been this bad.. all my kittens i got when they were 6 weeks oldd:P
Unfortunately a lot of people threaten to "get rid of" kittens if no one takes them when they want them gone.
I believe you are right that it was on here you read about someone pushing down the tongue to correct a cat's biting. Unfortunately you can not believe everything you read. I remember that particular thread and also believe that when the OP stated that is what she did there were a few members who told her it was not a great idea. It is painful and is not teaching your kitten to do anything but distrust you.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!