View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Unhappy Need Help Please!!!!

Hey yall,

I really need some help. my SO is on his last nerve with our dog and is wanting me to find a new home for her. I'll give you a little background. We had 2 dogs. one of them was stolen from us around easter of this year. about a month later we rescued another dog from the shelter. I know that when you get a dog from the shelter, you dont know their background and what they have gone through, so i dont expect her to be perfect. well ive been crate training her since we got her. she goes outside everymorning for about 30 min to run around and play with our other dog, then i bring her in, put her in her cage with a little bowl of water and food, while im at work. then when i get off of work, she goes straight outside for a while and i let her in and out as needed the rest of the evening. (she does sleep in the bed with us at night.) when we first got her, she peed all the time. she would go out, pee, then come back in and 5 min later be wining at the door to go back out and pee again. this problem seemed to not be as bad as she has gotten older. however here is our problem

reciently she has been acting up last week, out of nowhere, she just walked into the living room and peed right infront of the door, we were both sitting in the living room and she usually sits at the door when she needs to pee. i jumpped off the couch and tried to grab her to put her outside, she ran from me, peed all the way up the stairs and into our bedroom. i finally got her outside after about 5 minutes and she was ok after that. fast forward to this week. 2 nights ago, my so went up to the bedroom and the dog jumps up on the bed and pees right infrot of him. again no warning. nothing. i showed her what she did and put her outside. well this morning, my SO didnt work, so i left the dog out and did not put her in the crate. apparently after i left she jumpped up on the bed again and peed. then ran into our little ones room and pooped in there.

I dont know what to do. my SO is so fed up with her because we have tried and tried to train her (our other 2 dogs we have had were trained the same way and never acted like this. we got them from the pound as well) shes been fine for the past few months, i can even remember thinking about 2 weeks ago how nice its been not to clean up pee every day. and then all of a sudden this happens. he wants me to find her a new family because he thinks that she is not going to change, after all this time. i dont want to give up on her, but its getting to the point where we argue about it so much its starting to affect our relationship. i understand why hes irritated. but im hoping that there is something that we can do to make this peeing stop. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated....