View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2015, 09:09 AM

Hi Soulnate.
You can get most off what you need at a grocery store, except for green tripe, I would think. It is a pricey way to do it, though, imho. Sometimes contacting a butcher is helpful, especially if you are a regular customer to begin with. Some are willing to save scraps and cut offs for you and they usually don't charge much. Before I started buying quarters or half cows, I used to go get my order and come home with 3 times as much stuff for the dogs! But I have oodles of freezer space and that is a consideration. I do buy from the grocery store for sales. That's rare, though, because I am lucky enough to be able to grow small livestock and I know people who raise larger livestock. If you're not squeamish, you could see if you have any rabbit breeders in your area and see if they'd be willing to sell you their (butchered) culls. If your local grocery store has a butcher, you might be able to get turkey necks. I used to get 10 pound boxes of frozen turkey necks from the butcher at the local grocery store he'd order in for me.

I should say HI! I'm new here. I've been feeding raw food to my dogs for about 15 years now.