View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:58 AM

Unhappy I think my dog is sick

My pooch, Bob, is sick, I'm just not sure how sick. Came in last night and noticed that he was very lethargic. When I gave him his dinner he wasn't eating it with his usual gusto. When I looked at his bowl I noticed that he was puking everything he ate (or so I thought). I took the food away from him and tried to give him small pieces of vegetables instead. Those seemed to have gone down well. He's drooling excessively all night.

He was definitely not doing great and I figured he just had a small cold so I'd let him sleep it off. This morning when I woke up I noticed his paws were wet from all the drool he had during the night. Also noticed that he's panting mildly, more like breathing through his mouth. Gave him his breakfast and again he couldn't swallow and regurgitated everything. I figured I would make him an omelet instead and even that he couldn't swallow. All he does his produce enormous amount of drool (foam) from his mouth instead. Even his drinking seems hard as he drools/foams back into the water bowl.

I'm a little worried, I have a 3 O'clock appointment at the vets but I'm going nuts waiting. Anybody have any clue what this could be? He's a healthy 2 year old golden and normally when he's ill it takes 1 maybe 2 days and he's back on his feet. He's never been like he is now though. Am I over reacting? Nobody told me when I got a dog that I would go nuts when they're sick!