View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM

My dog is really scared of this section of hallway

Hi all, brand new here, I thought I'd add my scaredy dog story to this thread... I have a 9-month-old cockapoo, he's been fine until a couple days ago when he must've got scared by the fact my neighbour started a very loud machine that made the furnace rattle... now he won't cross the section of the hallway he was in when this happened. He's obviously very scared, although he never had this problem before and was pretty happy with all the areas in the house. Nothing changed in terms of furniture or any other stuff around. For 2 days now, he simply refuses to go through this section of hallway and I tried everything, even high-value snacks to make him see there is nothing wrong there. To no avail. I am really wondering what could have made him so afraid and why this particular section of hallway. He got startled before, but never had this reaction to anything, and there have been some loud noises around him.

Anyone who could help, please do. Poor puppy, he's shaking all when he even approaches this section of the hallway. Problem is, his food and water are both in the bathroom and in order to get there from the living room or kitchen he'd have to go through this hallway, there is no other way around.

Many thanks in advance.