View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Violagirl I just wanted to say kudos to you for volunteering your time.

Perhaps you have taken this on with the thought that you may fall in love with all of them and become emotional about it?? if thats the case then just consider everything you have to offer to them even if you dont take them home?

I agree with what the others mentioned. You do have to show some affection but I think the time should also be appropriate. I think too it takes some time to relax and get to know whats going on and what you yourself are capable of providing to the dogs you walk.

As the others mentioned you and the other volunteers are the only chance the dogs have at a home and some form of rehabilitation so it is important for the dogs to be stimulated and adoptable.

I have always found with dogs that are not keen on approaching you at the beginning that I dont make eye contact with them and sometimes I will drop down maybe on one knee to their level and see if they approach you. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Good Luck
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown