View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicks View Post
Hi all.. Well, I have an issue.. There is a cat that I know belongs to my neighbor. He always comes over to my deck and sits there consistently. He is stressing my two fur babies out, and is it possible that I can not enjoy the fresh air outside just because he is sitting there? Does not seem right to me. He is wrecking my screen door.. I saw him doing it, he stretches up my screen and his claws get stuck and I have small holes in it already. And, he is pushing on the bottom of the screen and detatching it from the door. I am a cat lover, and I do not want to take the cat to the shelter, but I am currently in a fight with the lady who owns the cat, and I really don't need any more problems with her. But, even if I did ask her, she would just tell me that he is an outdoor cat, and she will not bring him in until when she goes to sleep (like she did before, she is a nightmare these days). I just don't know what to do! Both my cats are seniors and they do not need to be stressed out like that all day every day. I close the patio door, he leaves, and then the minute I open the door back up to get the screen, he comes right back again, because he doesn't go far. It's like he is stalking us! LOL.. Any ideas of what to do about this situation? I would appreciate any advice! I am at my whits end!! Thanks..
You should take some photos of the cat the next time it attacking your screen and show the photos to the owner of the cat. And tell her you want her pay for a new screen or keep her cat away from your house. I would get a spray bottle and spray the cat with water the next time it on your screen door.