View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hopelessly devoted 2 dogs

Thumbs up I rescued a human today

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering into the kennels, I felt her need and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, gently so she knew not to be afraid.

She stopped at my kennel and I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. She read my kennel card and I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to.

She bent down and made soft little sounds. I pressed my shoulder and my head up against the bars to comfort her, gentle fingertips caressed my neck. She was desperate for companionship. A tear rolled down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.

Soon my kennel door opened and there she was with a bright smile. I wag my tail with joy and with my eyes I promise to keep her safe. I promise to always be by her side, I promise to do everything I can to see that smile forevermore.

I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.