View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2014, 02:06 PM

Newbie saying Hello

Howdy all! Just saying hello! I am new to the forum. My last forum was not getting enough activity and was based out of the UK which is hard to relate to since I have a pit-bull.

Anyway I have two dogs and one cat.

Zoey was my very first dog. She is German Sheppard/lab mix from what I was told. I don't believe it though. Anyway, I was attacked in the face when I was four and hated dogs ever since. I was terrified. My boyfriend begged me for about 3 years until I finally said yes, as long as he is completely responsible for the dog. Boy did the tables turn and now she is my little fur child. I am so in love I can't imagine how I ever lived without her!!

Darla is the pitbull that we found at my BFs work at a rock query. She was starving and had every parasite you could think of. We got her all fattened up, spayed, and rid of all the parasites. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met. All she wants to do is cuddle and play. She likes to play on my chest and snuggle in my neck but has no idea she weighs 50 lbs and not 10! LOL. She was never socialized or taught any manners so we are working on that. I will def need your guys' advice for this!!

Bella is my cat who I took from a friend who couldn't handle her about 6 years ago. She was crazy! Tearing blinds, scratching anything in sight, attacking people. She was going to be taken to the pound but I had no animals at the time so I offered to keep her. Who knew all she wanted was to go outside! She was much more behaved after that. Then, I have no idea what happened to her but one day I came home and she couldn't walk, drink, eat, anything. I found her up against a wall drooling all over herself. I rushed her to the vet who told me it's probably neurological and would require expensive tests which I could not afford (Was about 19yrs old). He advised I force feed her and if she doesn't get better in a few days to bring her back to put down. I did so and it was a miracle but she survived! After a few days she started to come to. Next month she was PREGNANT! I thought she was fixed! LOL She is such a happy cat now. Roams the front yard free, has a heated window sill perch... livin the cat life.

I would include some pics but I can't figure out how.

Wow that was long sorry. Can't wait to start asking questions and actually getting replies!