View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:45 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaow View Post
Went to Petsmart last night to price out some food. I liked Authority, the ingredients seemed pretty good and affordable at .95 per can. Anyone else feed it? Currently my cats eat free choice Science Diet weight control (who knew it was so bad!) I thought I was buying them the best. I bought them their last bag of food last night and I would like to get them started on a small amount of wet food am/pm and slowly limit their amount of dry food. What is a good amount to start with, half a can morning and night?
Sorry Miaow that no one has answered you yet on this.
You feed multiple cats so my best suggestion to start is one half can in the morning, monitor to see how quickly they eat it. It it's gone fairly quickly then another half can. With 5 cats if you get the large can it would probably be safe to assume they would eat at least 2.5 cans a day depending on energy level, age, etc. For instance - your two year old would likely eat more than your six year old. But then your six year old is a large cat so that may not hold true. You would want to monitor closely for a while to make sure all of your cats are getting enough food to maintain good health. If you have one or two that graze it is important you leave food out so they can come and get it when they want it until you get them used to having set meal times.
As for Authority - I have not heard of that one. I don't go to PetSmart in our area because they do not have any good food choices. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that question for you.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!