View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2014, 12:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Well, apparently the Proin isn't used for humans anymore so it's gone way up in price. They did find me a supply for $200 for 52 days. Haven't got it yet. Did the $220 Cushing's test instead. Figure if it's confirmed as Cushing's and we treat it then her thirst should diminish and maybe the pee issue will as well. The Cushing's treatment costs $165 per month, so if I don't spend $100 a month on Proin it's not so bad.

Anyhow, I mentioned in TJT that it turns out the Cushing's test came back normal. The vet says it's probably still Cushing's must atypical cushing's. He really didn't have anything helpful to offer me at this point. He suggested if I won the lotto I could have $600 worth of blood tests sent to the states to see what imbalance is present but it would be a shot in the dark. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. I feel horrible that I'm disappointed she doesn't have straight on Cushing's as I hoped the treatment would cure so many little issues.

Anyhow, back to the research I guess. Perhaps I will have to search out a holistic vet and see what they recommend.