View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM

Thanks, as for your suggestions I went and bought Red Dog Deli's raw food for cats. It said on the package it's free-range chicken or turkey, pesticide free (not sure about antibiotic and hormone free), it wasn't labeled organic and certified though. Well, I'll take their word for it that it's a good quality product, what else can I do, test it?! I'm feeding him now raw alternating with Wellness canned, but I'm not mixing them of course. He is very good at trying new things, and he didn't mind eating raw at all! I just love his easy going personality! It's not as difficult as I imagined (dealing with raw meat for me), as it's already in pouches and all ready to go, and it doesn't smell as all other canned foods do!

Sugarcatmom, yeah I didn't think of THAT! (human-grade raw meat). Gotta watch I type I've seen medallions by Nature's Variety, and the sales girl told me they are not as good as Red Dog Deli, because: 1. they come from the States and could be not as fresh; 2. I've read alfaalfa on the list of ingredients, and isn't it toxic to cats? Have no idea why they put it there. On the other hand, Red Dog Deli has a little bit of veggies and fruit, which isn't good mixed with raw meat, but they say it's a very small amount, about 5% and won't make a difference...