View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:46 AM

cat with kidney failure

I will get her test results tomorrow, I will ask him for a printout - not sure what exactly to ask him on the phone. She was not on any fluid injections - I didn't take her to the vet at first as she seemed to get over that vomiting and diarrhea fairly quickly - it was on and off for a couple of days. She and is still drinking quite a bit of water. She doesn't seem to want to eat much canned food, all she wants is the dry - I have put it up for now but she still won't eat much canned. The Wellness on the list I printed out from Tanya's site says Wellness Chicken 1.15 on the same page as the Fancy Feast is listed at 1.12 for phosphorus. The list was 28 printed pages long so it is kind of confusing trying to locate one food that I could try. I took her to the vet once I realized that she had blood in the urine and was leaving drops of blood in the litterbox. It would be good to learn more about how to manage her kidney failure tho, I wasn't keeping the azodyl in the fridge at first, the vet didn't mention it and I didn't see it in small print on the bottom of the bottle. What do you think about mixing it with water and giving it with a syringe? It took both my daughter and I to give her pills before and now my daughter has moved out. Thanks for the info., I need to try to get regular blood tests - this one might not be reliable because of her being sick the week before and not eating much for awhile. She seems to be losing weight still - when she was put on them she was 6 lbs. 6 oz. and now is 6 lbs and half an oz. I thought she would be doing better on them.