View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan View Post
-Both times that he attacked, the toy was taken after he had settled onto the ground to chew on it. Once the toy was taken from the side, and other was when a hand reached in from behind him. When the toy was taken while he was looking, it didn't appear to bother him. Similarly, however, other times when the toy was taken from behind while he was sitting it also didn't seem to bother him. So the behavior isnt completely "random" but it certainly didn't seem completely regular either.
Welcome to the forum, gtexan.

Am I correct if I understand you to say that he reacted negatively to when he didn't see a hand reach out from behind/from the side? This makes me wonder if either his peripheral vision and/or hearing is impaired. This could possibly be another explanation to the "aggressive/defensive" behavior the second trainer mentioned to you. Perhaps it would be a good idea if the shelter vet could examine this further, even if he doesn't return to your home. Often times, aggressive type behavior can be a result of medical problems.