View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
SPCA of Western Quebec. They are no kill and are trustworthy. Too bad a family member cannot take them.

I think it is a good lesson to all of us that own an animal. We should be seeking out our 'chosen' people who will agree to take in case we never make it home. I know that i for one, would want to rest in peace knowing that my friends and family are on board to ensure the safety of my pets.

It does puzzle me however that when a loved one passes, would you not expect trying to hold onto something that is so dear to them? I wonder if it were a huge diamond that could not be squeezed through the front door - would there not be drastic measures one would take to get it in?

Sorry - i do know that there are circumstances but I am miffed as to why this happens.
Respectfully BenMax, this situation is riddled with some very serious problems which I'm not about to post on an open forum. Though I basically agree with your sentiment, I think passing judgement on a situation which you know nothing about is presumptuous to say the least.

If I were in any position to take the cats myself, I would, but I'm not about to subject them to living with two dogs who want to eat them and no ability to safely separate.

I'm looking to do the very best I can for these two cats given the situation and I would appreciate it if doing that did not get me painted as another person irresponsibly dumping animals into shelters without a thought.