View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Pet Guardian

Update 1/7/09: I took my cat to the ICU critical care 24 hour hospital. They put a feeding tube in her. they gave me ID cat food and i have to blenderize it, mix it with anitiobtics and pain meds and acidopholius. they showed me how to feed her thru the tube. she has had 5 feedings so far. yesterday i think i almost lost her. i am having anxiety attacks (literally) and feel like i am going to throw up. i started taking valium. i will NEVER go back to the surgeon who operated on her. an internist at the icu told me she would see my kitty through this and once the tube comes out and she is eating i need to find a new vet. i have a friend who has lived here longer than me, helping me with that.

my kitty will eat baby food with her mouth but no cat food. they don't want me giving her too much baby food b/c it gave her diarreah. i feel like i am in catch 22. i have to encourage her to eat with her mouth. if she doesn't then i tube feed her.

i feel SICK. i wish i never had her operated on. I am crying. at the time i thought it was life or death and i had to but i feel she has been traumatized. oh and i folded up that crate and i am NOT putting her in it. she has a cone on her head so she doesn't rip out the feeding tube. that should be good enough. she is lethargic. i opened all the windows and am playing uplifting gospel music for her. lucily today was a snow day here i can stay home with her all day.

I LOVE my cat sooooooo much. I feel sick what has happened. i am afraid she will give up her will to live b/c she has been thru so much. she must be in pain but cats often don't show how much. all i can do now is feed her thru the tube so she gets stronger and take her saturday to the icu internist. i am really scared!!!! i LOVE my girl!

I forgot to mention the icu hospital did alot of tests and found nothing else wrong with her beside malnutrition, trauma from surgery.

Last edited by meow; January 7th, 2009 at 09:19 AM.