View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:40 PM

I started the Primal Chicken Nuggets for one of my pups. I have given him 1 nugget in addition to his cooked chicken/rice mixture. The first day he was okay, second day he had a slimy mucous surrounding formed poop, and today he has diarrhea. (I'm certain it's related to the raw since I haven't changed anything else.) Is this normal (especially the slimy stuff?) I have read on certain sites that people do see this when they transition a dog to raw.

I don't know if it could be partially that he has been eating cooked chicken breast and rice for almost 2 weeks now- is that too much muscle meat he is getting and no bone that could be causing this.

If I do continue to do this transition very slow (which I am sure I will) should I go ahead and supplement with the bone meal? How much is a good amount to add for sensitive tummy pups? I have also heard it might be a good idea to give them probiotics when starting raw- does anyone do this? I have been giving them both 1 wafer of the NuVet Pet Tabs since they have been with me- so I am continuing to give those.

I hope I'm not doing any harm by not having any bone meal for so long, I am just trying to keep things as simple as possible so I can figure out what is making these boys sick.