View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:58 AM

We had our late Missy with the same problem that you are going through.

In regards to the litter box, what we found was Missy would accumulate a lot of gas, and with the diarhea when she passed gas sometimes it was forced out with a fluid drive of disentery which was not intended. And it ended up on the floor outside the litter box. She would pass gas in the bathroom where the litter box was, and you'd hear her down the hall in the living room.

When Missy had diarhea, she wouldn't cover it either. I think the reason was because she didn't want to get it on her paws. Cats are very clean animals and when this mishap occurs outside the box with the diarhea - what i had noticed - upset Missy and I would suspect it would be the same with your girl.

We found that we had to change the food and get away from kibble. That was pointed out to us by several vets. I would think that you are going to be in the same boat.

Is your vet integrative? If not, I would be thinking strongly of looking for a vet who is both conventional and alternative. The reason is the alternative vet will have more knowledge on species specific feeding. Mainly because they have stepped outside the box to learn rather than take the pet food industry's teaching.

Be very careful with vaccines - keep them to a bare minimum. I did away with them altogether. Something else that is dangerous is antibiotics. The side effects can raise havock with the digestive flora in the gut - weakening it and causing more problems.

Here are a couple of web sites for you to check out. The feline-nutrition one gives a break down of the gut floral and what's happening and some suggestions on feeding.

I suspect that you have done a lot of research. Hopefully this information is of some use.

https://feline-nutrition.org/health/...-and-treatment

This one is information from Dr.Lisa Pierson. I've followed her web site almost from the beginning. This article is on IBS, but there are other articles that are well worth the read.

Go to the top of the page and on the green side bar - down about 3 - is an article on prescription diets which is also worth a read and I've had vets tell me the same thing, just not in as many words.

http://catinfo.org/#Inflammatory_Bowel_Disease_(IBD)

Keep us posted.