View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM

Sorry you didn't really get any definitive answers but glad she seems happy and is not showing any trouble with the nose bleeds.

Did they just recently perform the tick testing? We were told Timber tested negative but that was back in May before she was exposed to the illness in October so they never re-tested her and in our case, that is how she was misdiagnosed. Lyme is not associated with anemia but anaplasmosis can be as well as some of the more uncommon diseases in Canada like bartonella. As Timber was also anemic and had low blood platelets and a slightly enlarged spleen, we were told she probably had cancer when she actually had a tick disease so that's why I ask.

I imagine they don't want to put her under for the scope due to the enlarged heart. Does she seem stuffy sounding or have mucous coming from the nose?

Timber also has elevated liver enzymes but apparently for her age (14) the numbers do not suggest liver disease but they have been slowly creeping up over the years. The holistic vet here suggested milk thistle so that is what I am trying with her but perhaps your liver issues are more elevated.