View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Senior Contributor

The Toronto Star has a recent story about the problems of getting access to public information. Remember if some civil servant asks it is not their business why you want it. Get as many numbers as you can.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...acodalogin=yes

I won't be sending an email to Bryant or McGuinty as I'm sure I'm on their ignore list already from other emails I have sent.

There are an estimated 460 000 dog bites in Canada according to the CSA. If averaged that's over 1260 a day. There is no doubt that the media will print every story of a pit biting no matter how severe the injuries and you may find a pit attack story every day if you look.......where are the other 1259 bites. They aren't reported by the media. The Chocolate Lab that bit a kid in Niagara Falls that was reported online at one location only - a radio station. I’m sure we all know of local bites that weren’t in the paper.

This is why BSL won’t likely survive a court challenge before a judge. When the Liberals refused to include a dog bite registry in Bill 132 they did so in order to hide the truth. Still a judge is very likely to believe that with so many bites occurring on a regular basis but only the pit bites making the paper that there are a hell of a lot of bites we aren't hearing about so maybe pits aren't 'inherently dangerous' after all.

Judges don't buy emotional arguments but they love numbers and they love facts....everything else is BS. Once again.....good luck to you.