View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_have_too_many View Post
When I joined this forum I felt welcome right away, I thought everyone was very nice and came from some different and interesting backgrounds, breeder, rescuer, or just animal lover. I posted responses to a few questions that I have had experience with, and I got burned by others on this site. I was shocked! I mean everyone has had a time in their life when maybe they made a bad or miss-informed decision and needed a little advice or help, which was what I was trying to provide. Just because I am answering someone's question does not mean that I approve of the action, but what is done is done, help them fix it, help them learn to avoid a repeat, and move on.

I am a strong believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt and not judging people untill I know the whole story. So if someone posts about having a dog who is pregnant what should they do? give them a few tips if you have any, suggest close contact with a vet, offer help in finding homes for the resulting pups, and tell them to have the dog fixed to avoid another situation. Being told by half a dozen people they are foolish and should have the dog fixed asap will only scare them off and the result will probably be a sick dog, pups and no future spay scheduled.

My mother always told me "you catch more flys with honey than with vinegar."
I second this, if I posted a concern of mine, whether or not it was viewed as a "silly question" or plain stupidity by someone else, it's still a concern of mine. I agree we need to fight ignorance with information, when a question is asked an answer should be given, on the other hand I feel the pain and frustration of the folks on here who fight for animal rights everyday, people should be told about byb, puppy mills, nutrition, spay/nutering, etc and an offer to help out via pm would be better then belittling the question.

I know way more now then I did 8 months ago but I still don't post questions that I want answers to for fear of judgmental responses, you post too much info, you get jumped on, you post too little and a zillion assumptions are made. To be honest, I didn't want to even post this but I thought what the heck, eveyrone else is posting their feelings, I also think alot of people are not so great on the computer, typos and poor grammer make for hard reading and responding! ha!

Have a good day everyone! And thank you for all the useful info and advise given to me over the last few months, I really do appreciate it!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)