View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Magical Mystery Tour

Thanks BenMax & coppperbelle!

We took our little friend back today and it was smooth. I have a dogwalking shift on Sunday so I hope he'll be moved up to adoption by then so I can see him... yep, I'll probably be slyly stalking the people who will be peering in at him!

On BenMax's advice, we put together a full sheet of the good and the bad and the UGLY because we don't have any role in picking his adoptive family and we want to be sure people know what they're getting into. He's sweet but does have some things he needs to work on and that's probably our biggest cause of anxiety, that he'll be adopted by someone who can't or won't work with him and he'll end up back at the shelter in even worse shape.

I can already see how this can be addictive. Today we turned down a puppy foster because we'll already have a house full of crazy dogs this weekend... but as we were leaving the shelter, my husband casually mentioned "sooooo... I wonder what those foster puppies look like?" LOL! I can see another foster coming our way soon!

for my first little foster. I so hope his new family adores him as much as we do.

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am." - Toby and Eileen Green